By Randy Vogt, Director of Public Relations, Eastern New York Youth Soccer Association
April 13, 2021-Every summer, the Eastern New York Youth Soccer Association (ENYYSA) awards college scholarships for deserving high school graduates. The scholarships available are named after Jack Bauman plus Patricia Louise Masotto and Brenda Driscoll (four total scholarships for girls) and Livio D’Arpino (two scholarships for boys).
Criteria for Consideration
- Must have a C Average or better and graduate by August of the current year.
- Must plan on attending a school of Higher Education in the Fall.
- Must submit a 250-word essay on why you are deserving of the scholarship. Essay must include at the top of page 1, Your Name, Address, Phone Number and Scholarship applying to, indicated below.
- Must submit a personal resume and a school transcript.
- The essay, resume and transcript must be submitted no later than June 1 to the Eastern New York Youth Soccer Association, 167 Nassau Blvd., Garden City South, NY 11530, to the Attention of the Scholarship Committee.
- Indicate on top of the essay which scholarship you are applying to.
Additionally, five ENYYSA leagues––Capital District Youth Soccer League, Cosmopolitan Junior Soccer League, East Hudson Youth Soccer League, Long Island Junior Soccer League and the Staten Island Youth Soccer League––all have separate scholarship programs as well.
With approximately 100,000 youth soccer players––both boys and girls––and more than 25,000 volunteers, the non-profit Eastern New York Youth Soccer Association (ENYYSA) stretches from Montauk Point, Long Island to the Canadian border. Members are affiliated with nine leagues throughout the association, which covers the entire state of New York east of Route 81. ENYYSA exists to promote and enhance the game of soccer for children and teenagers between the ages of 5 and 19 years old, and to encourage the healthy development of youth players, coaches, referees and administrators. All levels of soccer are offered––from intramural, travel team and premier players as well as Children With Special Needs. No child who wants to play soccer is turned away. ENYYSA is a proud member of the United States Soccer Federation and United States Youth Soccer Association. For more information, please log on to https://www.enysoccer.com/, which receives nearly 300,000 hits annually from the growing soccer community.