By Randy Vogt, Director of Public Relations, Eastern New York Youth Soccer Association
February 27, 2017-There’s a lot going on Upstate on Saturday, March 11. The East Hudson Youth Soccer League (EHYSL) hosts a referee assignor course, now sold out, at its office in Mahopac while the Capital District Youth Soccer League (CDYSL) hosts its 7th Annual Coaches Workshop in Albany.
The CDYSL is one of the largest leagues in the Eastern New York Youth Soccer Association (ENYYSA) with approximately 450 travel teams. The workshop takes place at the Sand Creek Middle School, 329 Sand Creek Road in Albany, it's open to the general public and it is mandatory that a coach or representative from all the CDYSL teams attend. Check-in before 9 am with the clinics going from 9 am to 1 pm.
The workshop provides a one-day venue for coaches and club administrators to combine attendance at the mandatory coaches meetings with clinics and workshops that enhance player, team and club development. The event also helps the upcoming Spring Season run smoothly.
“As President of the CDYSL, I am very excited about our workshop and the high level of talent and experience our very well-known clinicians and presenters are bringing to the capital of New York State,” commented CDYSL President Tim Owens.
Some of the standout clinicians are:
• Coerver Training Coach Rob Bruley will demonstrate ball mastery, passing and receiving plus the killer pass
• Ihor Chyzowych, Director of the Chyzowych Soccer School, is speaking about simple finishing, the transition game and mental focus
• Ivan Kepcija, Assistant Academy Technical Director of Dinamo Zagreb in Croatia, will be lecturing on technical development with video examples plus demonstrating fluidity in the game and mobility in the attack
• Siena College head team physician Dr. Hamish Kerr is talking about what a soccer coach needs to know about concussions
• Rick Knizek, head athletic trainer for the Shenendehowa Central School District, will discuss First Aid
• Roy Pfeil, Olympic Development Program (ODP) coach in Eastern New York, will give “F” license courses
• Deborah Raber, Massachusetts College of Liberal Arts women's soccer coach, will talk on minimizing ethical dilemmas plus a goalkeeper session on footwork and basic handling
• Len Roitman, formerly the assistant coach of the US National Team, is speaking about possession and also on the speed of play
The schedule is below. Admission is free so please join us for a very educational day of soccer. For more information about the CDYSL Coaches Workshop, log on to http://www.cdysl.org/ or contact the CDYSL Office at 518-435-2325.
With over 100,000 youth soccer players––both boys and girls––and more than 25,000 volunteers, the non-profit Eastern New York Youth Soccer Association (ENYYSA) stretches from Montauk Point, Long Island to the Canadian border. Members are affiliated with 11 leagues throughout the association, which covers the entire state of New York east of Route 81. ENYYSA exists to promote and enhance the game of soccer for children and teenagers between the ages of 5 and 19 years old, and to encourage the healthy development of youth players, coaches, referees and administrators. All levels of soccer are offered––from intramural, travel team and premier players as well as Special Children. No child who wants to play soccer is turned away. ENYYSA is a proud member of the United States Soccer Federation and United States Youth Soccer Association. For more information, please log on to http://www.enysoccer.com/, which receives nearly 300,000 hits annually from the growing soccer community.