COVID-19 INFORMATION & UPDATES
Welcome to Eastern NY Youth Soccer COVID-19 information page. Find most recent updates on playing guidelines for Sports and Recreation as mandated by the New York State government. This remains in effect until removed from the website and NY State government has lifted all restrictions.
- ENYYSA Return to Soccer Activities is guided by the best practice guidelines from U.S. Soccer PLAY ON initiative. We encourage everybody to visit U.S. Soccer PLAY ON initiative to review the guidelines.
New York State is recommending that CDC guidance be followed:
POST COVID-19 Return to Play Guidance
Return to Play Recommended Best Practices for the Field-of-Play:
- Follow all local and state guidelines for facilities and events NYS COVID Guidance
- Opposing team benches should be on opposite sides of the field
- Rosters sizes and playing formats should be reviewed to maintain a competitive structure and to allow for flexibility under the crowd restriction circumstances
- A spectator/parent-to-player ratio of 1:1 is to be followed during times of restricted gatherings
- No handshakes or team huddles. A separate celebration and team sportsmanship with no contact should be created
- One player per team should be allowed at the coin toss with the referee to begin a game. The referee should always be in possession of the coin
- Players must always keep proper social distance from referees. Only the coach/assistant coach should approach the referee to ask questions and gain clarification
- Players on the sidelines should wear a mask and maintain social distancing
- Teams must leave the field immediately after their game concludes
- Consider lengthening game time slots to prevent personal contact with incoming teams