National D License
The National D license is a 40 to 45-hour course, that begins an online experience and ends with a one-day on-field component. The course is designed for the grassroots coach working with youth players U6 to U13 in a participation driven environment and focuses on all four game models as outlined in the Player Development Initiatives (4v4 / 7v7 / 9v9 / 11v11).
The goals of the course are to help coaches understand how:
- to create game-like training sessions that encourage players’ ownership (decision-making)
- to create a game day environment that encourages players’ ownership (decision-making)
The learning objectives of this course are to facilitate coach improvement in the Six Tasks of a Coach with an emphasis on developing the team and individual players by learning how:
- to demonstrate an understanding of developmental stages & age characteristics
- to observe the game, recognize formations and all player actions
- to further develop a comprehensive understanding of Play-Practice-Play methodology
- to organize, execute and reflect on 2 Play-Practice-Play training sessions based on the same goal in 1 week
- to demonstrate an understanding of how to inform, involve and inspire parents
Coaches who register for this course can expect weekly learning opportunities that will feature a mixture of independent learning using online modules and live virtual meetings led by a licensed U.S. Soccer Instructor. Coaches will be asked to participate in discussions so each person should have access to the internet and a web-camera/live video capabilities. The virtual meetings will take place agreed upon days and times. Coaches may be asked to participate in the field component as either coaches or players, so please come prepared to actively learn.
Candidates that register for this course are expected to attend all course meetings to be eligible to receive the license.
Please click here for most up-to-date eligibility requirements for the U.S. Soccer National D License Course.
For information on upcoming courses visit the US Soccer Learning Center or contact our Director of Coaching Instruction, Tim Bradbury at firstname.lastname@example.org.
You can also follow us on social media where we keep our followers regularly updated about upcoming coaching courses.