Boys 1997 - Field #5
Boys 1998 - Field #8
Boys 1999 - Field #9
Boys 2000 - Field #1
Boys 2001/2002 - Field #3
Directions Flushing Meadow Park
The fields are best entered from College Point Blvd. exit, off of the LIE, GCP or Van Wyck. There is a small sign that says "flushing meadow park" or "college point entrance". Parking is under the Van Wyck.
For a landmark, Fields 8 & 9 are situated just beyond the "Fountain of the Planets" which is just past the Unisphere.
The intersection to mapquest is College Point Blvd and 59th Avenue (or 58th Rd).
By Subway and Train
The #7 subway line stops at Willets Point/Shea Stadium, above Roosevelt Avenue in the northern part of the Park. The station is surrounded by Shea Stadium parking. Walk down Passerelle Pedestrian Overpass ramps to the Fountain of the Planets - the fields are situated around this sculpture.
The Long Island Railroad (LIRR) has a stop at Shea Stadium along its Port Washington line (right at #7 subway station). (Check the LIRR site for schedules. The LIRR only stops at Flushing Meadows when the Mets are playing or the US Open is in session. Follow path from #7 above)
Grand Central Parkway -
• Grand Central West (toward Triboro) - Exit 9P (Flushing Meadows Corona Park) - Turn right for Unisphere parking. Else take exit 9E for Shea Stadium.
• Grand Central East - Exit 9E (Northern Blvd-east) - Follow access road signs to Unisphere.
Van Wyck Expressway -
• Van Wyck South - Exit 11 (Jewel Ave) - Leads to an access road, from which an exit leads directly to Meadow Lake parking in the southern part of the park (and a popular BBQ spot). The fields, Unisphere and Fountain are north of the Meadow Lake
• Van Wyck North - Exit 12A (College Point Blvd/LIE) - A bit tricky but follow College Point Boulevard (north) and look for park entrance under expressway on left.
• Van Wyck North - Exit 13W (Northern Blvd/Shea Stadium) - Leads readily to Shea Stadium and the marina. Head south in the direction of the Unisphere & Fountain.
Long Island Expressway (LIE) -
• LIE Exit 22 to Grand Central Parkway (west, Triboro Bridge) - Then exit almost immediately at 9E (see above).
• LIE Exit 22 to College Point Boulevard (tricky, but most direct)** - Head north on College Point and look for park entrance under expressway on left. After entering the grounds, turn right and park under the highway.