Coaching Education Update
Eastern New York Youth Soccer Association remains committed to providing top level coaching education courses to all coaches throughout the state. For the safety of all members of our soccer community, we must postpone all in-person courses until it is safe to resume. Our staff of instructors are actively working on securing new dates for all US Soccer Grassroots License courses as well as the D & C License courses.
- If you are currently registered for an upcoming course please look for updates from your instructor in the US Soccer Learning Center.
- If a course you registered for has been cancelled, you can transfer to a new course once the new dates are announced.
- If you would like a refund for a cancelled course, you must send a request to firstname.lastname@example.org - Please include course name & date.
In Addition, the ENYYSA Grassroots License Program Mandate has been extended to June 1, 2021.
ENYYSA will mandate that all coaches working within any of the member leagues obtain the developmentally appropriate license OR any nationally recognized course that matches the licenses in terms of in-person learning hours within a 12-month period from June 1, 2020.
All course updates will be posted via social media and the ENY website. We look forward to seeing our courses fill up again in the near future.
- Coaches will be given between June 1, 2020 - June 1, 2021 to obtain the age appropriate in-person license.
- Each coach will be required to do one of the Grassroots Licenses (4v4, 7v7, 9v9, 11v11).
- Online courses will not meet the mandate. Only in-person course will meet the mandate.
- Grandfather Clause: Any coach with a license or diploma that involved more hours in duration than a Grassroots License (4 hours). Any coach with an online F License and an ENYYSA field module (F Add-On).
- EDP Suggestion: Any teams that play in the EDP League have a minimum of a D License coach on the roster.
Director of Coaching Education