With so many coaching courses, diploma's and licenses available it is necessary to clarify a few issues regarding coaching education. All should note the following:
- Only the US Soccer (USSF) can issue coaching licenses. Courses that are recognized nationally and internationally as a true license. This licensing procedure is through the E, D and C license offered exclusively by ENYYSA.
- NSCAA is the largest private coaching organization in the word and they offer coaching diploma's.
- A number of League's within ENYYSA have designed and coach their own courses. These courses can not be considered as licenses and should not be titled as such.
- Due to the titles of the USSF licenses , A,B,C,D and E some confusion exits when certain Leagues call their coaching courses by similar titles.
- The only official waiver onto a higher level course is with a professional playing license. (The number and validity of which is certified by the USSF).
- Coaches with college playing experience do NOT receive waivers onto higher courses.
- US Youth Soccer through the USSF offer and instruct the National Youth License. This is correctly titled as a licensing course.
- Currently none of the Leagues that constitute ENYYSA have any licensing requirements.
- Only the USSF A license and the NSCAA Master coach diploma need ongoing work and study to be kept current. Without these ceu's both expire.
- Any coach, parent, Club President or League President with questions on further clarification should email Tim Bradbury at email@example.com.
Yours In Soccer,
Director of Coaching Instruction